Vigo is easily accessible thanks to a complete network of infrastructure linking the city to the main centres of population in Galicia and the Iberian Peninsula, and even abroad. Its Atlantic port, airport, motorways, dual carriageways and railway provide a range of transportation to suit all tastes and possibilities.
Vigo Airport (VGO) is 10 kilometres from the city centre. There are scheduled flights to and from Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia, Palma de Mallorca, Tenerife and Paris-Charles de Gaulle. Taxi from the airport to the conference/hotel area is around 22 Euros.
- Connections with the city centre:
- Santiago Airport (SCQ), in the nearby town of Santiago de Compostela, which receives national and international flights operated both by regular and low-cost companies. Santiago is 1h30min from Vigo by bus or train.
- Sá Carneiro Aairport (OPO) in Oporto (Portugal). Oporto is 150 km (about 2-3 h) away from Vigo by bus or train.
The bus station is located in Avenida de Madrid. Apart from nearby destinations (several daily connections with Ourense, Pontevedra, Santiago or A Coruña), other national destinations include Madrid, Barcelona, Asturias, Bilbao, San Sebastian, Irún, Pamplona, Zaragoza, Extremadura and Andalucía. There are also international routes to and from Portugal (Porto, Lisbon and Algarve), France, Switzerland, Belgium, Holland, Denmark, Germany and Great Britain. More info: http://www.vigobus.com.
The train stations are located in the city centre, close to the port (Vigo-Guixar in Areal street and Vigo-Urzáiz in Urzáiz street). Apart from nearby destinations (several daily connections with Ourense, Pontevedra, Santiago, A Coruña and Porto), there are daily express and “Talgo” and “AVE-long distance” trains to Madrid and Barcelona, as well as direct trains to León, Irún and Ponferrada. For information on timetables, destinations and tickets visit http://www.renfe.es.
Vigo has three main access roads:
– The Rías Baixas highway links the city to Madrid (A52-A6).
– The Atlantic highway (A55) runs from Vigo to the North of Portugal, via Tui, Braga and Porto, thereafter linking with Lisbon and Portugal’s network of motorways.
– The Atlantic highway (AP9) also links the city with the north of Galicia, via Pontevedra, Santiago and A Coruña.
How to move around Vigo
Telephones: +34986272829 and +34986470000. Consult rates.